Let’s face it, sometimes waking up is really hard. Usually when I have a bad morning it takes that much more effort to turn my day around. I am totally not a morning person – I kinda wish no one would talk before 10AM, we could all just sip quietly on coffee until the first cup kicks in but thats obviously never going to happen! SOO lately I’ve been reading a lot of different articles on sleep + waking up and have been really focused on doing things that help set the tone for a super positive, inspiring and productive day ahead from the moment I wake up. Below are 6 ways I’ve found that help me start the day with really good vibes!
1. Read something uplifting. I use to grab my phone check social media, text people back, check my e-mails, first thing in the morning and I found that that was a really easy way to let my mind get clogged and it put too much focus on the wrong things from me. Now, first thing when I wake up I grab two books, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and The Power of Being Thankful by Joyce Meyer. Both of these books have super simple yet powerful daily reads. Essentially, these reads just remind me to pause and take a moment for myself in the morning which helps immensely with setting a positive mindset for the day. So whether you read something, pray or take a few deep breathes and think quietly be sure to take a moment to pause in the morning.
2. Drink water before coffee. This one isn’t my favorite because I love my coffee in the morning so I usually down a bottle of water while my coffee is brewing. I found it helps wake me up more than having multiple cups of coffee!
3. Exercise. I’ve found the best time to exercise for me is right when I wake up. It isn’t always the easiest but no matter what I ALWAYS feel better after I work out, no matter how hard it was! One major thing that helps me get my butt to the gym in the morning is I always put my work out clothes on right when I wake up. It might sound silly but after my gym clothes are on I don’t take them off until I actually work out! Exercise in the morning also helps me eat better and have more energy through out the day.
4. Prepare the night before. To me there is nothing worse than being a rushed hot mess in the morning. Stay up an extra few minutes at night to get your things together for the next day that way in the morning you don’t even have to think about it – its all already laid out & put together for you! I also tidy up my room/house every night before bed. A clean house = a clean mind.
5. Let the light in. Opening up my blinds and letting as much natural light in is something I really love about mornings. It’s a huge reminder that everyday is a brand new start and that in itself is a major blessing.
6. Be your own positive encouragement. If you feel like you’re having a bad morning – don’t want to get up, don’t want to go to work or the gym, etc…tell yourself it’s NOT a bad morning, this day is a gift and you’re going to make today one of the greatest day of your life. It works, everytime!
I hope these little tips help you as much as they help me! As always, thank you for reading! Happy Wednesday beauties ☀