9 times out of 10 when I tell someone an item I am wearing is from Forever 21 they are shocked! I always get asked how I find such cute pieces from there. So, I’ve rounded up a few tips and tricks for how I shop from Forever 21!
1. Shop from the homepage. On their homepage they often curate tons of pieces for a specific occasion or style in one place. It helps narrow down their massive inventory when shopping for something specific. For example: “Vacation Style” all pieces will be beachy, fun prints – everything you’d want to wear on vacation. Or “Wedding” – perfect pieces for a wedding.
2. Shop from their/others Instagram. Being able to see a piece styled on someone is so helpful. I look through their Instagram (#F21xME) first to find pieces I love without having to sort through a ton of pages because nothing is worse than looking through 47 pages of dresses. I also love when I find an influencers who wear a lot of their items – you can always count of them to be wearing the cutest stuff. My favorite Forever 21 gal is @joandkemp.
3. Pay attention to sizing. Read reviews or ask what size someone is wearing! Sometimes I will wear a small, other times I will wear a large. The size can totally change how an item looks. Don’t be afraid to size up or down!
4. Be realistic about the quality. Most everything is under $40 so some pieces will be a wear once and done item. Don’t expect all their pieces to last like your Free People clothing! Some you’ll be surprised with the quality others are just meant to be worn for a season. That’s why I like to buy more trendy pieces from here!
5. Never dry & always steam. Absolutely never put Forever 21 pieces in the dryer. It will probably fit a child if you do! I always wash on cold and air dry. After it’s hung air, steam it (this is my favorite steamer). Something about the steam makes the material go back to its original sizing and feel (well, most of the time!). If I am really worried about a piece shirking I literally won’t wash it, I’ll just spot clean if needed. Maybe that’s gross but I make sure to not run a marathon in it lol!
6. Shop for a purpose. Since their inventory is pretty overwhelming. I always like to shop Forever 21 with a goal in mind. This helps when shopping in store and/or online. Go in with what you’re looking for while still being openminded. Example: I’m shopping for X vacation or I am shopping for X event.
7. Make sure you love it. Always make sure you love the item before you take the tags off! You can always return for a different item if the tags are still on.
Shop my current favorites!…
Hope this was helpful babes! Thank you for stopping by!
S H O P M Y L O O K