One question I get asked a lot is how I stay active while I’m out of town or in Vegas a lot. I really try to stay on track especially when traveling because being active really helps boost my mood and helps me stay positive! The holidays are coming up so I thought it would be a perfect time to share a few tips that help me stay on top of my workouts since many of us travel during these next couple months!
1. Schedule it. When I’m in Vegas or out of town on vacation I usually wake up 30-45 minutes before I normally would want to so I can make sure I get my workout in. This isn’t always the most fun especially since most of the time when you’re out of town you’re super busy with family and friend just having fun or you may have stayed out later than normal. But I ALWAYS feel better once my workout is over and I forget how tired I was.
2. Make it a habit. Once working out is a habit in your life missing multiple workouts is way less likely to happen. Give yourself a 30 day challenge. Do some type of physical activity 3-6 days a week (whatever amount of days works for you) for 30 days and watch how much easier it gets! This will make working out more likely to happen no matter where you are.
3. Come prepared. If you don’t bring a good pair of tennis shoes, gym clothes or a sports bra on vacation with you you’re most likely not gonna get out and moving!
4. Have a workout routine you can do anywhere. When you’re out of town you’re definitely not in the comfort of your normal routine. Whether it’s a workout video from youtube or something of that nature, try to have something that you can do in the park or even in your hotel room. Embrace body weight workouts! This is another reason why I love the Kayla Itsines program because you can literally do it anywhere in 30 minutes with or without equipment!
5. Incorporate physical activity into your vacation. Rent bikes with your friends, play volleyball in the sand, go on a hike, go surfboarding, etc. Do something new while on vacation and burn a few calories while your at it.
6. Don’t beat yourself up. Please! Enjoy your life, your vacations, your time with loved ones and that piece of pumpkin pie. If you miss a workout don’t take it too seriously, try tomorrow! If I can’t fit the gym in I try to play tag with my niece for extra long or eat a little healthier or take a nice walk on the beach. I also try to not miss more than 3 days in a row, this makes getting back into the gym a lot easier. But most importantly…HAVE FUN and understand that life happens!
Happy Monday everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start! ♡♡♡