I absolutely love the holiday season but I don’t love the few extra pounds that usually come along with it! Today I am sharing five easy tips for staying fit during the holidays…
1. Stay Hydrated. ‘Tis the season for delicious holiday drinks. Cups of eggnog, homemade sangria, hot apple cider, white chocolate mochas…the list goes on! With all of these yummy holiday drinks that surround us its easy to forget to drink water. For every 1 of these wonderful treat drinks you consume match that with 1 glass of water. Try to always keep a water bottle with you, its a constant reminder to drink your water. I notice the more water I drink the less appetizing all the sugary sweets sound! Staying hydrated will also help dry skin, boost energy levels and avoid headache. Water is always the answer.
2. Hold out for the good stuff. Sometimes I feel like I go to a holiday party and there is just a sea of food waiting to be eaten (which is an absolute blessing and I’m so thankful/grateful for) but don’t waste calories on items you don’t love! Hold out for your favorite dishes. I literally wait all year to eat my grandmas famous rolls, I may have a few more rolls but pass on dressing because dressing is ‘meh’ to me. Save room for items you love and you’ll feel way more satisfied!
3. Don’t arrive starving. I am completely guilty of this. I let myself get hangry before a big holiday dinner which is the worst thing you can do! Not only is your mood off to start with but you’ll tend to over eat or fill up on the wrong things. When you give your body some good nutrients during the day you’ll arrive and leave feeling so much happier.
4. Keep working out. Don’t give up your normal routine just because its the holiday season. Even if you have to schedule your workout at a different time or cut it a bit short, get up and moving before those big holiday meals! You and your body will be so thankful you did it.
5. Enjoy in moderation. The holidays are for enjoying! Don’t beat yourself up about indulging a bit more than you normally would. Don’t be a party pooper because you don’t want to gain a single pound…have a drink and a piece of pie and enjoy every moment of the holiday season. Moderation is key.
I hope these few tips help you guys as much as I am hoping they help me this holiday season! Happy Monday! xx