I find green smoothies to be a saving grace. They are quick, easy, super nutritious and most importantly tasty. I am NO expert in the kitchen, but thankfully for these smoothies you don’t have to be! Below I am sharing some of my favorites. This sheet here is super helpful too if you’re new to the smoothie game!
1. Green Monster. This is usually my go-to after a morning workout. I am not a huge breakfast person so this greens and protein is perfect!
Ingredients: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 handful frozen pineapple, 2 handfuls green spinach, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional) + about half a cup of ice.
2. The Hulk. I copied this smoothie from the juice bar at my gym, which is way tasty so I wanted it allll the time. I decided to make it myself because its like $8 at the gym. I like this one after a workout too if I am extra hungry. Its more filling than #1!
Ingredients: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 1/2 handfuls green spinach, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, one cup(ish) greek yogurt + few ice cubes.
3. Mango Coconut. This is a perfect option for a snack. Its both refreshing and filling!
Ingredients: 2 handfuls spinach, 1 handful frozen mango, 1 banana, 1 cup coconut milk, a splash of orange juice + few ice cubes.
4. Mixed Berry Green. Super easy to make. Only three ingredients!
Ingredients: 1 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 handfuls spinach.
5. Peanut Butter Goodness. This is one doesn’t have green in it but it’s seriously so good. Kinda taste like candy, so thats always a plus!
Ingredients: 1 spoonful all natural peanut butter, 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate flavor makes it even better), 1 banana, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp greek yogurt + handful of ice.
A few tips. You can always switch out spinach for kale or any other green. // I always use Dannon’s Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt (here). // My favorite protein powder is Vega One (here) all of their flavors are good! // You don’t have to add ice if you don’t want to. I like my smoothies cold but it does water them down a tiny bit. If you don’t like that, just put your smoothie in the freezer for a few minutes.
What are some of your favorite green smoothies? Let me know! Thanks for reading & happy Monday! xx